We’re Halfway There

As we near the halfway point, I wanted to thank the audience for making the show a success. You each watch, on average, almost 25 minutes per session – more than three times as long as the average live-streaming content and six times as long as other video on the web. Collectively, you’ve visited our pages almost 300,000 times.

You, the “controllers,” have chosen Tristan’s food, his clothes, his haircut, his pet, his trainer, and his dates. You interact with him via Twitter, via video chat, and by posting comments to the site. This weekend, one of you – Vanessa Looney – literally jumped out of the Twitterverse and onto Tristan’s couch.

This initial success is incredibly rewarding, but it’s also just the beginning. ControlTV is very much an experiment in progress. I’m not satisfied with it yet, and I can’t imagine you are either. We’re still learning about this medium. We’re still tying to figure it out. Help us make this show what you want it to be.

This is a truly democratic effort. We set out to make a show for the viewers, of the viewers, and by the viewers. Send us your ideas for votes, for questions Tristan should answer, for things you’d like to see him do, places he should go, people he should meet. If you write your own music, send it to us to play. Have a video of yourself performing a skill and want Tristan to match it? Send it our way.

ControlTV has affirmed that technology doesn’t divide us. It brings us closer together. You’ve shown us you care about Tristan. With three weeks left to pull the strings, how will you use them? To challenge Tristan, or entertain him, to help him find a career or fall in love?

In effect, you’re the producers. Thanks to you, your attention and affection, this experiment seems to be working. Let’s push the limits of it. Let’s discover together what more it can yield.

This entry was posted in Blog. Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

12 Comments

1. KaLaNi
    Posted October 26, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Permalink

I definitely think he should go on more dates. He seems like such a nice guy & he needs someone who will compliment that! I also would like to suggest he go to a karaoke bar!!!! That’s always fun & karaoke always seems to be the 1 thing majority of people are embarrassed to do, but end up having such a great time after :) Have him volunteer at the childrens hospital & do something fun with some of the kids, have him go to some concerts. Try & get him interviewed on the local radio station KROQ. Where should i be posting these idea’s anyway???? LOL!

• Richard Saperstein
      Posted November 2, 2010 at 9:49 pm | Permalink

We’re definitely going to pick it up on the dating front. He’s going speed dating tomorrow night and has a blind date on Thursday. We have some fun and worthwhile charity stuff coming up and a radio interview tomorrow morning. Thanks for your ideas. We’re listening.

2. tessarich
    Posted October 26, 2010 at 7:11 pm | Permalink

1. Tristan should sing on the street for money and use the money to take a homeless to lunch.
    2. Tristan should babysit a couple of kindergarden kids or a baby (feed, change pampers, bathe etc.)
    3. Tristan should work as trash collector or do some other dirty job
    4. Tristan should write/sing a rap and/or learn to dance salsa or merengue.

I would like to see how he interacts with people from other cultures/background.
    I’ll try to come up with more

• Richard Saperstein
      Posted November 2, 2010 at 9:53 pm | Permalink

Great suggestions. We’re thinking alike. But voters chose meeting a model over babysitting and stand up over salsa. We try to avoid recycling choices that have been voted down (but maybe we’ll do babysitting anyway!). Different cultures is definitely something we want to explore. For starters, he’s going to an Ethiopian dinner on Thursday.

• tessarich
        Posted November 12, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Permalink

I think Tristan should speak to a BIG group young kids or adults to tell them about his experience/motivational appearance, to tell people what he learned from this.

3. tambermn
    Posted October 27, 2010 at 10:06 am | Permalink

I have already left most of my thoughts in the forum and I have already seen them being addressed which shows me that you really do listen to us. I think Tristan definitely needs to be doing more charity based things.
    As far as the stats of page views or viewing time I wonder does a session stop when we refresh the page? When I get a notification on twitter or my phone that there’s a new vote I usually have to refresh the page or the vote doesn’t show up and I know that starts a new session on my pc…

4. Willy
    Posted October 29, 2010 at 5:42 pm | Permalink

Great concept, great show. I feel as if I’m part of the experiment. As soon as I come home I check in to see what’s new and if my vote is asked for. I’m glad that one of the sponsors is Snickers. That’s my favorite brand. I didn’t realize when you click that name all kinds of things start happening. I think I’ll buy a couple of Snickers tomorrow and munch on them while watching Tristan…

• Richard Saperstein
      Posted November 2, 2010 at 9:55 pm | Permalink

We appreciate your enthusiasm! The control room loves Snickers, too!

5. marisaz
    Posted November 8, 2010 at 12:34 pm | Permalink

This is the funniest episode ever. Jilda looks beautiful and Tristan is gorgeous. Love the concept and how this is more reality than any of the other so called reality shows I’ve seen.

6. John
    Posted November 10, 2010 at 5:29 pm | Permalink

I really think that the addition of a live chat box underneath the live stream would be a good way for viewers to communicate and come up with new ideas for Tristan to do. This can also attract more viewers when they find out they’ll be able to immediately comment on the things he does.

7. fused00828
    Posted November 12, 2010 at 5:28 am | Permalink

As a Marine corps Veteran I would have liked to see Tristan paying respect to local veterans or a veterans memorial or cemetery this Veterans Day. I figured he would show some sort of support to veterans since Controltv has made Tristan be part of the community by feeding the homeless, trick or treating with kids and helping people vote. Such a shame.

• Richard Saperstein
      Posted November 16, 2010 at 11:26 am | Permalink

I agree and apologize. The show has given back to the community in many ways including our charity Webathon last night, but we regret not having done something significant to honor our Veterans last week. On Veterans Day, Tristan spoke about his appreciation for the armed forces and all of our troops who have served and died to keep this country free. We sincerely appreciate your comment and your service.

• Season 2 launching in Summer 2011. Stay tuned for more about our final two candidates, Kelly and Will!