20 Questions for Will & Kelly

1. What did you want to be when you were a kid?

Will: When I was a kid I wanted to be a professional soccer player. Growing up I studied, loved and lived the game. Like the saying goes, the English invented it, the Brazilian’s mastered it, but I wanted to be a part of the USA team that revolutionized it.

Kelly: When I was a kid, I was overweight. Peers skewed my last name to “Puffman” or “Puffyman.” However, those same kids became friends because I always had tasty treats. Because I liked food and liked to share it, I always thought it would be cool to be a chef; more specifically, I wanted to be Willy Wonka.

2. Who is your role model and why?

Will: My role model is an ASU Alum, Pat Tillman. Anyone willing to sacrifice a multi-million dollar NFL contract to follow his heart and enlist in the military is a man of good character.

Kelly: My grandma set the standard for cool in my life. She was feisty, outspoken, comical, and fearless. Most importantly, even up to her final days she was enthusiastic about life. Everyday I try to be more and more like her.

3. If you had a free trip anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Will: If I had a free trip anywhere in the world I would go to Brazil. The thought of playing soccer with Brazilian phenoms, partying in the nightlife capital of Rio De Janeiro, and venturing throughout the scenic Amazon Rainforest would be a blast!

Kelly: I have always been intrigued by the Amazon and the native cultures that inhabit it. If given the opportunity, I would like to live with an indigenous tribe so that I could learn how to live using only what nature provides. Medicine, nutrition, protection, nature has it all.

4. What is the worst job you ever had and why?

Will: For a weekend in college I had to distribute free samples of flavored water at a wholesale store. Not only did it take three years to get paid (literally), I distributed a product that tasted crunchy!

Kelly: The worst job I’ve had was not having a job. Why? Simply because you’re broke, your nightlife flickers to a faint glow, and any thought of going on a date is discouraged by embarrassment. “Great, dinner before the movie is an excellent idea. Steak and fish?…I was thinking more taco truck tonight.”

5. Will your friends or family be surprised by anything you reveal on ControlTV?

Will: Friends and family would be surprised to see how clean I keep my place. Normally, friends think a hurricane attacked my bedroom, but that is just the evidence of having a roommate.

Kelly: I’m an open book with my friends and family but I always keep them on their toes. However, traditionally we all wear clothing, so if I was doing naked handstands through a grocery store, I think a new level of surprise would be reached. Sorry mom and dad.

6. When and how long was your most serious romantic relationship?

Will: My most serious relationship dominated the prime of my college life. I dated a great girl for 4.5 years. It started senior year of high school and lasted the majority of my time in college.

Kelly: My college girlfriend was my longest romantic relationship. Serious in commitment, yes. Serious in nature, absolutely not! When we were together, it felt like every morning the world was new to me. Sight, smell, sound, and touch, it was all heightened. I guess that’s one form of love.

7. If you could re-live one day of your life, what would it be?

Will: Without hesitation, it would be July 9, 2009 during Running of the Bulls in Spain. Who would have thought sleeping in a park in sub 45-degree weather would be so life-changing. Three words to sum it up… ASU: Adrenaline, sangria, and uncertainty.

Kelly: If I could, I would re-live one day before my parents got divorced. It doesn’t matter which one, I just want to feel what it is like to have a traditional family. But I understand the circumstances, so I cannot blame them.

8. What is the worst lie you ever told?

Will: It was to a girl I met at a nightclub. My friend was joking and told her I was the Prince of a Middle Eastern country. Shockingly, the girl believed it and I decided to build upon the story. To this day, she thinks she hung out with Prince William.

Kelly: I really don’t have one. Oh wait, there it goes.

9. What is your biggest “pet peeve”?

Will: My biggest pet peeve is finding chewed bubble gum under restaurant tables. Did they need to have gum in their mouth at that given moment? Couldn’t they place it in a napkin and walk it to a trashcan? Placing gum under a table should result in a four-figure fine.

Kelly: Ever use an empty public restroom but, as soon as you’re seated, someone enters the room and chooses the stall right next to you? Next thing you know their pants are down and feet are tapping the tiles just two feet from yours. Disgusting!

10. What is your biggest fear (in general and about doing the show)?

Will: My biggest fear in life is change. The fear of not being in control of my daily actions and realizing that I might change as a human being is alarming. I would love to take on this challenge and break free.

Kelly: Fear is “False Evidence Appearing Real.” However, sharks have provided plenty of evidence that they will eat you as an appetizer, then eat your friends for an entree. If Controllers make me dive with Great White sharks, I will run and hide, crying balled up in a corner.

11. What is the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to you?

Will: My most embarrassing moment was when I wet the bed sophomore year of college. I had a few too many drinks one night and later realized it was wet. I decided to get up, change into board shorts, jump back into bed and go back to sleep.

Kelly: I was with a girl I really liked in Mammoth and was wearing only long underwear as we loaded the car with gear. As soon as she reached down in front of me to pick up ski poles, WHAM! My pants were down. Unfortunately, it was a very, very cold day.

12. What do you consider your a.) greatest success, and b.) biggest failure?

Will: My greatest success is volunteering at a camp for kids who have lost a loved one growing up. Watching these kids grow up and mature overnight is rewarding. My biggest failure is the fact I still do not have a clear career path two years after graduating college.

Kelly: My greatest success was learning how to talk. My biggest failure was learning how to talk dirty.

13. Do you believe in ghosts and/or aliens?

Will: I do not believe in ghosts, but aliens do exist. The fact that our universe is infinitely large leads me to believe there are little green Martians frolicking outside of Earth.

Kelly: In college I heard about an abandoned insane asylum that was supposedly haunted by tortured souls that would physically manifest violence. So one night my buddy and I went to check it out. I will save the details but it was the scariest thing I have ever experienced. I BELIEVE!

14. What is your worst habit or vice?

Will: My worst habit is spending too much time on my social media networks. Although it harms my productivity, I get a kick out of analyzing the news feed and poking friends.

Kelly: I love ice cream! It doesn’t matter to me how it’s served, if ice cream is a main ingredient, sign me up for three of them. My favorite flavor is cookies and cream. Let this stand as a warning to your refrigerator if you have it!

15. What is the nicest thing you’ve ever done for somebody?

Will: I helped coordinate and participate in a pancreatic cancer event from which 100% of the proceeds went to an acquaintance that lost a loved one. The event not only created awareness, but it also brought the local community together.

Kelly: Saved someone’s life, but that’s not nice – it’s just what you do. We are humans, we have to work together.

16. How would you describe your personal style (i.e. how you dress)?

Will: Fun and outgoing. I enjoy wearing bright and loud-colored clothing. Always remember, “If you look good, you feel good. You feel good, you play good. You play good, you get paid good.”

Kelly: My style is all over the spectrum: smart casual to funky hip hop in flip flops to fashionable indy rocker. Or I could even go with a minimalist approach and don a canvas robe with a rope belt.

17. Who is your celebrity crush?

Will: And the celebrity crush award goes to… Vanessa Hudgens. She has the smile to light up a room and the personality to keep things interesting. Without a doubt Vanessa is a 12.5!

Kelly: Two celebrity crushes: Rachel McAdams because she seems real and possesses an effortless natural beauty and Mila Kunis because I think she’s hilarious and could get me into trouble.

18. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Will: I do not exactly have a “5 year plan” and am hoping ControlTV can help me sculpt one. Hopefully after six weeks of experiences and lessons learned, I will be able to paint a vision and turn it into a reality.

Kelly: In five years, I’d like to have established a company that promotes a natural and healthy lifestyle to improve the quality and longevity of peoples lives. And yes, lots of adventure.

19. What about yourself would you most like to change?

Will: I would like to work on my time management skills and limit procrastination. There is something about the rush and the pressure of a deadline that fuels me. However, I do realize that life could be less stressful with proper time management.

Kelly: I really want the ability to harness my passions and focus them on a career. I’m a scatter-brain.

20. If you were an animal, what would you be, and why?

Will: If I were an animal I would be a monkey. Monkeys display a high level of energy and tend to be extremely adventurous. Not to mention I love bananas, playing pranks on humans and climbing trees!

Kelly: If I could be any animal I would be a monkeybird. Being a monkeybird would enable me the ultimate physical freedom on any terrain. I could fly over cities, climb anything with agility and ease, and be smarter than most humans.

This entry was posted in Blog. Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

37 Comments

1. purrilla
    Posted June 6, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Permalink

I can’t wait to read the comments, so come on peeps, give me something to ponder. My initial thought, underwhelmed.

• Posted June 12, 2011 at 3:14 am | Permalink

Agreed. Both the questions themselves, which mostly weren’t very interesting, and their answers.

2. purrilla
    Posted June 6, 2011 at 5:07 pm | Permalink

Question 18 I find very interesting though.

• TDwight
      Posted June 6, 2011 at 8:15 pm | Permalink

Purilla, I cant help but notice number 18 as well…

• Posted June 12, 2011 at 3:17 am | Permalink

That seemed to be the only question that really struck at the heart of who they were.

Some of the other questions/answers just annoyed/bored me. Though their answers to 13 actually made me gain a tiny amount of respect for Will and lose an infinitesimal amount for Kelly. Not very important in the grand scheme of things, however. Still support Kelly.

• Candy
      Posted June 14, 2011 at 4:39 pm | Permalink

I think this is the most important question of the bunch. We can help control Will to figure out the next 5 years of his life. This would be a fantastic experience for not only him, but us as controllers! Kelly knows what he wants to do and just needs to apply effort.

3. KissMyGrits
    Posted June 6, 2011 at 5:59 pm | Permalink

Kelly: If I could be any animal I would be a monkeybird.

Monkeybird? Those things were really freaky in The Wizard of Oz!! Scary! :-O

4. sanwich
    Posted June 6, 2011 at 11:38 pm | Permalink

Look carefully at all of Kelly’s responses, do people really want to watch a t.v. show about some whiny emo kid who looks like hes straight out a urban outfitter catalogue? The obvious answer is no, Will is reality t.v. gold do the right thing, choose the latter.

5. ragingjo
    Posted June 7, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Permalink

Will seems like a big Douche! Kelly seems a little corny, but I’d rather see how he handles the situations, rather than someone completely self absorbed. I like people who can think of others.

6. purrilla
    Posted June 7, 2011 at 11:18 pm | Permalink

Ok, looks like there aren’t a whole lot of opinions out there. That, or peeps are holding back.
    Will. Stuck in an ASU frame of mind. ASU this, ASU that. Put it away with your little boy pants. Time to grow up and think like a man. The very first thing to come to mind about you is your 12.5 ego, apparent in your love of your body. Confidence needs no boasting. Conceit & insecurity do. The second thing, which bothered me even more was your comment about women. The video was edited to cut your original comment there. I am left to insert what I believe you probably said there, and it ain’t good. You seem to think you are on the road to celebrity status in the world. I don’t see it. I see you getting too big for your britches and getting slapped down to earth somewhere along the line. Metaphorically that is. I don’t think CTV will help you find your career path any more than college did. CTV will just give you one more thing to boast about while trying to pretend you are much more popular than reality bears out. You will be using your experience on CTV much like you wave around ASU now. Instead of following me back on Twitter (which you finally did yesterday), your sister followed me (?), then ignored my request to follow her back.

Kelly. You know how I pretty much feel already. Unlike Will, you reached out to me and threw the crap I tossed at you right back at me, but in a polite way. You remind me of Tristan in that way. That is saying a lot in your favor. But. You get a kick out of twisting simple statements into these long, big worded, curled around each other, tied in a knot sentences. Just spit it out. Straight. Simple language. Please. I have trouble seeing the show serving much purpose to you either. You have had a short life, full of many experiences. You seem well rounded, though wordy. You already know what you want to do. See #18. Seriously though, does the world need yet another ‘natural, healthy lifestyle’ business? I will probably vote for you as I think Will needs more direction than CTV can give him. You just need to speak simply and find a career path that is a bit more unique, or at least new to you. Now I better shut up and let others get on the opinion wagon. And yes, I noticed how you didn’t hesitate to follow me back on Twitter.

PS … The only reason I even mention Twitter is because it is a big part of the show.

7. TeaKay
    Posted June 8, 2011 at 7:51 am | Permalink

Well, this has been up for 2 days & only has 6 replys before mine… I guess that is a good indication that almost no-one has noticed itis even here. Why would ControlTV put the updates here instead of on it’s front page? Why weren’t the 20 Questions asked in video format? … this is a video show, this is a relavant question! Why doesn’t the “Schedule” show when the show will begin or when the next voting starts or any dates at all?

As far as the Questions go… meh, not that interesting. I was hoping that ya’ll were going to put them through some sort of mini Control Type situation… like they each have 5 tasks to complete & they get followed by a camera crew so we can watch how they handle it. It could have been something as simple as a scavanger hunt.

So I’m leaning on not bothering with this show… it was boring doing the week of voting, the writen questions are boring & I’m not into the way this website is being under utilised. All I can say is …. Yawn………………………

8. briandavistime
    Posted June 8, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Permalink

Kelly told me to watch my refrigerator if there is ice cream around. I don’t want a guy on the show that keeps his ice cream in a refrigerator. I see this as a symbol of Kelly’s presence on the show. The first week might be solid and entertaining, but then will melt and become boring and annoying.

I keep my ice cream in my freezer. I’d guess Will does too. By default, I guess my vote goes to Will.

Purilla, you have a burning passion for this show. I’m going to overlook the fact you have ALOT of time on your hands and instead praise you for your enthusiasm. Feel free to follow me on twitter too!

• purrilla
      Posted June 8, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Permalink

Brian, Time is ALL I have. I am physically unable to live a life like most. So yes, I am enthusiastic for the things that keep me entertained. TV & internet. See my post on the voting page. I sent a request to follow you on Twitter. :)

• Posted June 12, 2011 at 3:13 am | Permalink

brian, I am led to wonder what a time alot would look like…

Also, most of us have a refrigerator, part of which is a freezer. Get with the times, man. :P

• Maia
        Posted July 1, 2011 at 1:15 am | Permalink

I know this comment is a bit late, but it makes me supremely happy that not only do I have a fellow Hyperbole lover, but that someone else noticed the mistake. I’d imagine a time alot to be made out of clocks, or something. :)

9. purrilla
    Posted June 8, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Permalink

I should say, read my LAST post on the voting page.

10. Willy
    Posted June 10, 2011 at 9:40 am | Permalink

What I find interesting is the commentaries of the few people before me. I don’t even have to bother with my opinion. Purilla said it all for me. And TeaKay is right, why not put these commentaries on the front page ? As we can see, not many people bother to go further than the front page.

And all this silence on the part of the Control TV people ! They didn’t even officially declare Will and Kelly the last two candidates. It’s as if ControTV gave up and closed down the website. I’m afraid they’re losing a lot of potential viewers. Not everybody is so persistent, and may I say faithful, to hang in there. I wonder if ControTV appreciates that. It’s beginning to look like the few of us have a private chat room compliments of absent ControlTV. When will we get a sign of life from the administration that the show is about to start? Knock, knock, knock….anyone there?

I don’t remember we had this long silence last year. there were technical diffulties, especially in the beginning, but they responded , Now there’s nothing but silence. Not evenhere do i see a reaction of the ControlTV people

• admin
      Posted June 10, 2011 at 11:23 am | Permalink

We’re glad you’re eager for the show to begin. So are we! As soon as we have confirmed info about the launch of Season 2, we will share it with all of you.

• Willy
        Posted June 10, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Permalink

Aha, our complaints didn’t go unobserved !

11. Willy
    Posted June 10, 2011 at 10:15 am | Permalink

PS I just read what TeaKay said on the front page . Why do we have to go to this blog or to other websites for the latest of ControlTV. And why didn’t they put the questions they asked Will and Kelly in video format ? Me, too, I think you get a better idea of their personality when you see them when they talk. Plus there’s nothing going on here anyway, so why not a little video for our entertainment to show something different than the video that’s up there and out-dated( Jasper is still in there). I still would vote for Kelly just because he seems a person who cares for others and has less of an ego problem, at least I have that impression. Yes, I would vote for him….IF THEY LET US !

12. Bandlover325
    Posted June 11, 2011 at 9:09 pm | Permalink

Kelly’s responses had their charm while Will’s didn’t shake the stench of ‘frat-boy’, but question 18 is worrisome. As purrilla thoroughly pointed out, Kelly already knows what he wants to do. Voting for Kelly, a person who has a whiff of direction, doesn’t seem right but it’s better than Will.

13. Cwallace
    Posted June 12, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Permalink

After reviewing these questions I really want to control Will. He has a passion we need to get out of him, hes experienced adventureous activities, hes full of personality and has a sensitive side. If you look at his answers closely, he talks about his volunteer work and his fundraising abilities for a good cause. And with women, he mentions his ex-gf was “great”. Any fratty/douche guy would hold remorse to their ex and would put them down in a second

Kelly completely butchered questions 4, 8, 12. Three was an opportunity for us to get to know you better and you went the lazy route.

I agree with the fact this information should be presented on the front page and not the blog.

14. billatw
    Posted June 12, 2011 at 7:08 pm | Permalink

Pat Tillman, nuff said – Going with Will

15. Barb
    Posted June 12, 2011 at 10:25 pm | Permalink

I feel Will appeals more to the 18-40 year olds and Kelly appeals to the 40+ crowd. Being that I fall in the former, I would definitely vote for Will.

• Posted June 22, 2011 at 11:41 am | Permalink

I’m 20. Will irritates me to no end.

Don’t go making generalizations.

16. Amrey
    Posted June 13, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Permalink

Kelly seems like a riot if you ask me. He seems honest, fun, and a bit weird… but in a good way. I don’t think I would be able to generalize his personality into a category.. he’s just kind of crazy! I want to see him in action.

Will, on the other hand, seems very typical to me. I’ve seen it before many times, was never interested, and quite frankly always thought his types were lame and boring. He doesn’t bring anything to the table for me. I’m not in the lease bit curious about him. I mean, what make him seem like fun to watch? The fact that he eats that gross tuna thing? YAWN.

My vote is for Kelly.

***btw, totally agree that the 20 questions should’ve been presented with video.

17. Candy
    Posted June 14, 2011 at 4:36 pm | Permalink

I’d first like to applaud the individuals responsible for casting Will and Kelly. I am confident both would be quality successors to Tristian.

If it was up to me I would like to see Will over Kelly. I think he offers enough quirkyness and spunk to keep us engaged for 6 weeks. His response to Question #8 is hilarious, I wonder if the girls name was Kate LOL ;)

Lets go with WILL!

18. TeaKay
    Posted June 15, 2011 at 7:30 am | Permalink

Knock, Knock, Knock…. anybody home????? It’s been 8 days & there is nothing going on here…. this is worrisome. I was looking forward to participating in this Show, but I guess I’ll go back to watching my Ustream Kitty show. At least the cats do stuff! There was even kitty paw print painting today!

19. Willy
    Posted June 18, 2011 at 6:20 pm | Permalink

Bang, Bang, Bang! ….door still closed… total silence. This is a bad start of ControlTV #2.
    Last year this did not happen. I guess they ran out of money. I’m surprised the site is still up. Anyway my preferences are still so that I should get a message when any voting is to be done. I may check out the Kitty show, that should be livelier than this one….

20. Willy
    Posted June 23, 2011 at 7:22 pm | Permalink

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ…..zzzzz….zzzzz

21. JSG
    Posted June 25, 2011 at 11:06 pm | Permalink

If Will manages to make it on this show, he must be put in a fat suit at some point!

22. Posted July 3, 2011 at 5:31 am | Permalink

Did ControlTV die, or what?

23. MargaretK
    Posted July 3, 2011 at 10:52 am | Permalink

I am just eager to see either one of these guys in every day Control TV life. I think the premise of the show is an interesting one. I missed out on season one and don’t have anyone to compare these two guys to. I wish them all the best and look forward to the show.

24. Bandlover325
    Posted July 25, 2011 at 11:18 pm | Permalink

Summer 2011 is mostly half gone but when will ControlTv make it’s launch?

25. Willy
    Posted July 27, 2011 at 7:14 am | Permalink

It looks like ControlTV Season 2 didn’t get sponsors to pay for this second adventure. The producers and associates probably packed up and did like Elvis, they left the building. Maybe last season was really the first and last season. Don’t know if Seth Green will ever loan his name to this particular show again. Oh, well, too bad. It was an interesting experiment……

26. Posted September 9, 2011 at 12:47 am | Permalink

*whistles in boredom*

27. Nicki
    Posted October 1, 2011 at 7:33 am | Permalink

My faith for this show is waning. I haven’t heard anything outside of this website, whereas I first learned about Tristan & co in an Entertainment magazine, and marked Day 1 of the experiment in my calendar. Woke up with Tristan, voted for Breakfast in Bed, and watched as a Mariachi Band woke him up instead. The hype was awesome, the publicity was good, and its popularity grew exponentially each day!

Following the success of Tristan is… Will and Kelly… maybe? What’s up, ControlTV? You’ve got your prospective candidates, we voted for them, now do something! I’m jonesing for my new addiction. And you’re withholding it from me!!! At this point, I don’t even care which one you pick, I just need you to choose one and GO!

• Season 2 launching in Summer 2011. Stay tuned for more about our final two candidates, Kelly and Will!